The no-reserve Carrera Collection will be sold at two separate auctions; Part One: Switzerland, for Swiss-registered cars at the Hotel Meilenstein in Langenthal, and Part Two: Italy, for European-registered examples at Sotheby’s Milan
- More details released about the remarkable no-reserve Carrera Collection, to be sold at two separate auctions; Part One: Switzerland, for Swiss-registered cars at the Hotel Meilenstein in Langenthal on 7 July, and Part Two: Italy, for European-registered examples at Sotheby’s Milan on 12 July
- Highlights for Part One: Switzerland include a 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 RS Touring and a 1995 Porsche 911 GT2 Evolution
- Highlights for Part Two: Italy include a 1959 Porsche 356 A Carrera 1600 GT Coupé by Reutter and a 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S
- A total of 86 cars will be offered
- Further information can be found at rmsothebys.com
LONDON, ENGLAND – May 11, 2023 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – RM Sotheby’s is delighted to announce further details regarding the sale of the incredible Carrera Collection. Continuing its reputation as the leading auction house for single-owner collections, this remarkable selection of cars is no exception, with there being a cumulative figure of 86 cars in total, with around 50 in the first Swiss-based sale and around 30 in the Italian-based sale.
The first half of the two-part sale will be held in Switzerland at the Hotel Meilenstein in Langenthal on 7 July. This is the larger portion of the Collection and boasts some remarkable examples, including a stunning 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 Touring, which is offered in its beautiful original colours of Light Yellow over Black. It is a fully matching-numbers example and is an outstanding example of the celebrated Stuttgart homologation special (Estimated: CHF400,000 – CHF450,000). Remarkably, there is another 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 Touring, finished in the highly desirable factory-specified colour of Tangerine and specified with Recaro seats. With a kerb weight of just 1,075 kg, and a 2.7-litre version of the 911 S engine, the 2.7 RS built an iconic reputation for performance and handling and is a much-coveted car in today’s market. This well-cared-for 2.7 RS is a great example of one of Porsche’s most desirable halo models (Estimate: CHF350,000 – CHF400,000).
Also on offer is a 1963 Porsche 356 B Carrera 2 2000 GS Coupé by Reutter, Porsche’s first-ever production model. Finished in its beautiful factory-correct…