GAINESVILLE, FL – February 6, 2024 – (Motor Sports NewsWire) – Celebrating the start of the 2024 NHRA Mission Foods Drag Racing Series season in grand fashion, the 55th annual Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals promises to be one of the biggest races in the event’s long and heralded history.
Taking place March 7-10 at legendary Gainesville Raceway, the kickoff to the first event in the Mission Foods era promises to add even more history at a track and for a race that has featured so many incredible moments. This year’s version promises the unforgettable sights and sounds of 11,000-horsepower, 330-mph racing action, new faces in the professional ranks – like legendary racer and now Top Fuel rookie Tony Stewart – the Pep Boys NHRA Top Fuel All-Star Callout, pre-race festivities, and a host of events and action off the track to ensure fans will have a weekend to remember.
Along with the stars in all four professional classes (Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle), the additional entertainment on tap helps make it one of the most massive Gatornationals in NHRA history, and includes the following:
- Don Garlits Swamp Rat Alley: This special “Swamp Rat Alley” section will include several cars from legendary driver “Big Daddy” Don Garlits, autograph sessions, meet and greets and more
- “Jungle Jim” Car Appearance: This can’t-miss opportunity takes place at the Don Garlits Swamp Rat Alley.
- Golden Gator Trophy: The special trophy to honor the 55th anniversary will be given to winners of the marquee race, along with the coveted Wally trophy.
- Gatornationals Beer Garden: New to the 2024 event, the extensive beer garden and massive footprint will be located in the midway.
- Upgraded Top Eliminator Club: Special appearances, exclusive swag, premium parking, food and drinks all weekend, and much more.
- NHRA Salutes: An appreciation for all veteran, active-duty military members and first responders will take place, along with a weekend flyover from the Air Force. A challenge coin collectable will also be given to all military and first responders in attendance.
- Expanded Coverage on FS1 and NHRA.tv Coverage: The Gatornationals will receive comprehensive coverage on FS1, including the Pep Boys Top Fuel All-Star Callout at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, live coverage on Sunday from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m., and continuing finals coverage at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday. NHRA.tv will include coverage of the of the “Baby Gators” Lucas Oil Drag…